The Headset Profile defines a simple audio connection between a Bluetooth audio gateway, like a cell phone, and a headset. The profile also supports a single button to start or end a call, and the use of a volume control.
The Hands-Free Profile is much more robust than the headset profile. You can switch between calls on your phone’s call waiting systems, dial numbers, access your phone’s address book and handle three-way calls.
Hands-free devices can even read off caller ID numbers, control your phone’s echo cancellation and noise reduction functions, and use voice control.
- Talk time: 7 hours
- Stand-by time: 7 days
- Operating temperature: -10˚C – 55˚C (14°F – 131°F)
- Headset: 69.9 mm x 45.0 mm x 30.6 mm (2.8 in x 1.8 in x 1.2 in)
- Clamp unit: 49.2 mm x 38.9 mm x 22.1 mm (1.9 in x 1.5 in x 0.9 in)
- Headset: 40 g (1.41 oz)
- Clamp unit: 38 g (1.34 oz)
- Headset Profile (HSP)
- Hands-Free Profile (HFP)
- Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP)
- Audio Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP)
- Bluetooth 3.0
- Working distance: up to 400 meters (430 yards) in open terrain
- Advanced Noise Control™
- Wind noise reduction
- Built-in SBC Codec
- Wide volume control
- Sample rate: 48 kHz (DAC)
- Charging time: 2.5 hours